Xplane 11 ZIBO737 Taxi lights.

9 months ago
Dear sir.  when i flew countless times the zibo 737 in xplane 11, i always use my taxi lights as specified in the manual. however, VAS ACARS never registers the tax lights for both taxi out and taxi in. this must be a mistake as it happened every time with the ZIBO 737 but never with other planes such as TOLISS a319,a320. Pls rectify the issue. Thx

Love the work. 
Cheers
Michael Becker
Content Manager
9 months ago
Hi Han,

What version of the zibo 737 are you using? I use this plane and haven’t had this problem but I was using an older version. I just upgraded to the latest version (3.46.3) earlier today and am in a flight right now testing it.

-Michael
For sure there is a problem with different landing lights setups. With pulsing leds on my side I miss points for landing lights every single flight in this setup ;)

Also I want to ask about "You should also turn on your landing light when you reach 10,000 ft, so that is also checked here." Is it above / at / below? I'm not sure if I must maintain the 10,000 ft to turn on landing lights or I can continue descent passing 10,000 ft and turn them at 9,999 ft?

There is info about initial approach at 10,000 agl which we normally dosen't track, so 10,000 ft for landing lights is MSL I guess. Not clear to be honest.
In terms of airports with transition level 18,000 ft those 10,000 ft are standard pressure or airport?

Thank you for explanation,
-Alex
Michael Becker
Content Manager
9 months ago
Hi Alex,

I have also gotten points deducted for pulsing landing lights so I make sure that none of my liveries use those. I typically use the LED lights too instead of halogen. Using this setup, I’ve never gotten points deducted for taxi lights or landing lights. Make sure the b738x.cfg file has these two settings:

PULSELITE      =  0
LED LIGHTS     =  1 or 0 (your preference)

With the way scoring works, you want to turn on your landing lights once you go below 10,000 feet. I’ve even forgotten to do it until I get to 4,000 or 5,000 feet and I still received full points after I turned them on. The key thing is that they cannot be on above 10,000 feet and they must be on prior to final approach phase (see flight scoring guide below). To be safe, I usually wait until about 9,000 feet to turn them on.

It should be 10,000 AGL. Landing at HAAB (elevation close to 8,000 feet), I usually switch them on around FL150. And I’m not sure about the answer to your final question. If you follow my advice above and wait until about 9,000 feet to turn them on, that would account for any pressure differences that might otherwise occur.

The scoring guide can be found here and it explains the “Initial approach” phase below 10,000 ft AGL.

-Michael
Thank you Michael for guidance and for sharing your experience with VA community. That's clarify a lot!

-Alex

This topic is closed for replies.